Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Enterprise guide - drag and drop functionality

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Enterprise guide - drag and drop functionality

[ Edited ]

Hi There,

I want to know if there is an option for dragging a file from EG navigation folder and doping it to the program editor.

Please see the attached picture where I want to drag ib1200b_20180501.txt in my sas code in below part

filename in "/export/home/a619243/test.txt";

I want it in such a way that /export/home/a619243/test.txt should be replaced with path and file names of ib1200b_20180501.txt.

Is this doable in SAS EG?

Thanks In advanceCapture.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-06-2018 07:56 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Enterprise guide

Posted in reply to suchismita

@AndrewHowell's suspicion is correct...  we can't do it today, though we are considering it for a future release. In addition to file and folder paths, we'd probably include dragging library, table, and column references into your code as well. It certainly would be convenient.

Thanks for the feedback!

Casey

View solution in original post

All Replies

[ Edited ]

Can I suggest you might get more interest with a more specific title than "Enterprise Guide" - maybe "Question re EGuide drag&drop functionality"?

And I think the answer to your question is likely to be: "No, but it's something we could consider in a future release", but I'll wait for feedback from those who better understand the underlying technology.

Contributor

Posted in reply to AndrewHowell
Thanks I did changes to subject. I will wait if anyone is putting their suggestions on it
Solution
‎05-06-2018 07:56 PM
SAS Super FREQ

@AndrewHowell's suspicion is correct...  we can't do it today, though we are considering it for a future release. In addition to file and folder paths, we'd probably include dragging library, table, and column references into your code as well. It certainly would be convenient.

Thanks for the feedback!

Casey

Contributor

Posted in reply to CaseySmith
Thanks.
☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation