Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Enterprise guide 7.1 behaving odd

Contributor

Enterprise guide 7.1 behaving odd

[ Edited ]

Hi experts,

I am on EG 7.1 and our SAS is installed on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.3.

The problem is when I am opening a SAS code in program editor and editing it and then running it, sometimes the changed part is getting reverted to original if I do not save it.

So how that happens is , I ran the code and then I will go to log and result window for checking output, then if I come back to program window again, the changes will be vanished.

Sometimes if my code throws error , it asks me like the attached screenshot. Even if i select NO., it also vanishes my changes to the code. Please see the attached.

screenshot.png

Other people in my team also going through same issue.

Please help.

Valued Guide

Re: Enterprise guide 7.1 behaving odd

Posted in reply to suchismita

I've seen this happen in SAS Studio - I believe you might be being logged out of the server session so the code reverts to it's saved state.

Contributor

Posted in reply to ChrisBrooks

Yes that may be a reason. Do you know what can be done to avoid this situation?

I have never seen it in EG 5.1 

Valued Guide

Do you have a server administrator who could look at it? They might be able to detect something from the system logs and maybe correct it if the timeout period is too short.

Contributor

Posted in reply to ChrisBrooks

EG is creating its own log. I can share those logs if you say. 

System logs as in which logs you are exactly referring to?

Thanks,

Suchi

Valued Guide

I doubt the enterprise guide log itself will tell you much - assuming you're running on a Workspace Server I'd take a look at the Workspace Server, Metadata Server and Object Spawner logs although they can be rather large and need someone who's familiar with them to interpret them.

SAS Super FREQ

I suggest checking the exact EG version you have (the full version string in EG's Help->About dialog) and make sure you have the most recent update for your specific version. If able, it would also be a good idea to upgrade to the latest EG version (currently EG 7.15 HF2).

I can't say for sure that will fix the problem, but there is a reasonable chance. I know some fixes have been made related to the file change notification in past releases/updates.

Casey

Contributor

Posted in reply to CaseySmith

I did update to 7.15HF2 . I am now observing the behavior.

One more that I am having is while saving a code in EG is taking long time.  Here I am saving codes to backend server.

Is there any way to reduce the code saving time?

Contributor

Hi All,

Even i update the EG version to 7.15HF2, it is still happening  that codes are getting reverted to original if I do not save them.

It is really being very painful. Please suggest. otherwise I have to open up  a track with SAS TS for this.

SAS Super FREQ

Yes, please go ahead and enter a track with SAS Tech Support then.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation