Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Enterprise Guide Prompts

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Enterprise Guide Prompts

Can an Enterprise Guide prompt be saved, so it can be referenced and used on different EG projects?  I'm running EG 6.1.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
4 weeks ago
PROC Star

Re: Enterprise Guide Prompts

Prompts in SAS Enterprise guide are specific to that particular project only and can be used by SAS EG only. You may need prompts for Stored processes if you want to use global prompts for multiple projects. 

Thanks,
Suryakiran

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
4 weeks ago
PROC Star

Prompts in SAS Enterprise guide are specific to that particular project only and can be used by SAS EG only. You may need prompts for Stored processes if you want to use global prompts for multiple projects. 

Thanks,
Suryakiran
PROC Star

Do you want to save the "value" that the user ends up entering for a prompt, or the metadata about the prompt (name, type, length, etc.)

Tom

Contributor

I would like to be able to save the prompt itself.  If that's possible, other users in my group will be able to just 'include' the same prompt in their EG projects without having to recreate the prompt.

Valued Guide

@rommel wrote:

I would like to be able to save the prompt itself.  If that's possible, other users in my group will be able to just 'include' the same prompt in their EG projects without having to recreate the prompt.

No, this is not possible.

PROC Star

Posted in reply to andreas_lds

I'm afraid I don't know any way to do that. It would be nice, I agree!

Tom

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation