BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RAmarapuram
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All

I have gone through couple of blogs on the same error, I have tried all the suggested options and posting my issue.

#1. While trying to export xls file using DBMS=EXCEL option in the below code :

PROC EXPORT DATA= WORK.soma

OUTFILE= "C:\User\app-502396530\Documents\My SAS Files\test1.xls"

DBMS=EXCEL REPLACE;

SHEET="Historical INFO";

RUN;

ERROR:Connect: Class not registered

ERROR: Error in the libname statement.

If I use DBMS=EXCELCS, I get an error saying

ERROR: Failed to connect to server.

#2. While trying to export csv file using the below code, the code gets executed without errors and the log

says that file SUCCESSFULLY created, But I am unable to see the  created file at the location(mentioned in the code):

PROC EXPORT DATA= WORK.segments_final

OUTFILE= "C:\User\app-502396530\Documents\My SAS Files\test1.csv"

DBMS=CSV REPLACE;

RUN;

1 REPLY 1
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

To use EXCELCS you need to have the PC Files Server installed on your SAS for Windows server, or on another dedicated node.  With SAS for Windows, installing the PC Files Server is easy and SAS can launch it via "autostart", no additional configuration required.

However, it's even easier if you can use DBMS=XLSX.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation