BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hope that someone can help me with this..

When runnning a linear regression with a dependent variable and 1 explanatory variable SAS Enterprise Guide 4.2 hangs. Looking at the task status i can see that this occur when "Running DATA step...".

The Linear Regression never finish.. It just keep "hanging".

After a little searching i found this:
http://support.sas.com/kb/18/209.html

But this hotfix is only available for EPG 4.1. Though i tried installing it but i did not solve the problem.

Any help will be appreciated...
4 REPLIES 4
SPR
Quartz | Level 8 SPR
Quartz | Level 8
Hello Chm,

It takes a lot of time to create various statistical plots. So, first of all turn off these plots.
Second, could you please provide us with the smallest possible dataset of yours to run Regression Task independently?

Sincerely,
SPR
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thank you for your answer.

I have now turned off the plots..

But even if i only have 10 combinations of y and x EPG still hangs..

I just tried to run a simple 'Summary Statistics' and only turned on 'Mean'. Even with this EPG still won't give me any kind of output - it now hangs when "Running PROC SQL"
SPR
Quartz | Level 8 SPR
Quartz | Level 8
I've selected Class dataset from SASHELP library and run Linear Regression task with dependent variable Height and independent variable Weight. With plots turned of and 19 observations it took only 3 seconds. Could you please repeat this on your machine? If it EG hangs then may be SAS Support will help?

SPR
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Check Tools->Options->Tasks, Default Footnote, per this note:

http://support.sas.com/kb/36/656.html

An unfortunate date/time format might have bitten you here.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation