BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
In the "What's different", I found 'In previous versions of SAS Enterprise Guide, the project file stored external file references as absolute paths. In SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3, these external file references are stored as relative paths, which makes it easier for you to move the project file, data, and programs to a different folder or a different machine. In SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3, it is recommended that you use pathnames that are relative to the current location of the project file instead of using a full path."

However, in use, it is substantially more limited. It only applies to programs and importable files (like Excel), not to SAS datasets or Libraries. With libraries and the new autoexec process flow (thanks for that!), I can get back to the portability I had with batch processing.

Chris, another thing for the wish list. Message was edited by: Doc@Duke
1 REPLY 1
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
I hear ya, Doc. Thanks!
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation