BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DaveShea
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

At present I have a situation where some data is being stored on an Excel (2007) workbook and periodically imported into

SAS Enterprise Guide 4.1 (4.1.0.1016) with the Import Task.

I realise what is going on behind the scenes when I run the Import task for the first time in a SAS session is that an asterisk-delimited text file is created on the server hosting my SAS session and the Import Task does its work from that copy of my original Excel workbook.

However, if, whilst still running that same SAS session, I update and save the Excel workbook and re-run the Import Task, my changes are not reflected in the

asterisk-delimited text file or the resultant SAS dataset that is produced by the Import Task.

The only way around this that I have found so far, is to close down the SAS session and re-start a new one. When I run the Import Task for the first time in that new session, a fresh look is taken at the underlying Excel workbook and my resultant SAS dataset reflects the updates that I made.

Does anyone know a way around this without resorting to Proc Import?

Cheers,

Downunder Dave

Wellington.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Fixed in EGuide 4.3.  I no longer have 4.2 to check.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DF
Fluorite | Level 6 DF
Fluorite | Level 6

This is probably the most annoying thing I've came across in EG.

What seems to work is if you save and close your project (but don't disconnect your session or close EG), then reopen it.  This seems to be enough to trick SAS into reloading the file from source.

That's still pretty bad in terms of usability, so I normally sidestep EG's own import process wherever possible and FTP files to our SAS server.

DF
Fluorite | Level 6 DF
Fluorite | Level 6

Oh, we're using SAS Enterprise Guide 4.1 (4.1.0.1009) so I can't say for certain it'll work in your version, or that SAS haven't fixed this properly in a later version!

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Fixed in EGuide 4.3.  I no longer have 4.2 to check.

NN
Quartz | Level 8 NN
Quartz | Level 8

We had faced the same issue . The problem arose due to some patch that was installed. Contacted the tech support and they were able to resolve it. You should do the same

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation