Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

EG installing problem

N/A

EG installing problem

while trying to install EG the a message indicating that( EG is already installed and if you want to reinstall remove EG first from control panel - add remove programs) stop the installation process .

the software was installed before but have been removed manually from the program files folder .so, I’ve tried to uninstall it first from (add remove programs ) but it did not work. there seems to be some values in the registry need to be removed.

how to fix this problem? Is there cretin values in the registry I should delete what are they or should I delete each EG related value in the registry
N/A

Re: EG installing problem

Redha

For fix this problem you most find in the registry for EG reference and after that will need delete all occurs.

Regards
Community Manager

Re: EG installing problem

If you are fairly certain that you've removed Enterprise Guide but Add/Remove Programs doesn't seem convinced, you can try removing this registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{E0E662A9-EDC9-4C8B-9E84-448646810926}

Note that this is for Enterprise Guide 4.1. All of the usual disclaimers/warnings about editing your registry apply -- be careful!

Chris
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation