BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi All-

After I installed EG 4.1 on my stand alone Laptop, I tried to open SAS data sets in the sample data provided my EG. However, EG spits out a error message something like...

" EG cannot open filein C:/path
Failed to open data set a.sas7bdat in READ mode.
Do you want to close all references to this file ? "

What is the possible fix to this ? I have already installed EG twice. Please advice.

Thanks in advance

Ravi
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
When you don't have SAS installed on your local machine (sounds like you don't), then EG uses the SAS OLEDB Local Data Provider to read local SAS data sets. It's possible that there is a problem with that provider on your machine -- either missing or not completely installed.

You should probably contact tech support about this issue.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Chris-

This is what I heard back from SAS tech supp.

"The error that you are receiving sometimes occurs when the SAS System Registry does not contain the Integration Technology components. To correct the problem, could you reinstall Integration Technologies by running \client8cd\eguide\bundles\inttechc\setup.exe ?"

What does that mean ? How do I reinstall the above setup file ? I searched my computer and have not found this set up file.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
The inttechc bundle is located on the media (CD) that you used to install Enterprise Guide. From the root of the CD path, it's in eguide\bundles\inttechc\setup.exe.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Chris-

Yes. I found it now and was able to re run the setup file as above. However, it did not work. I still get the same error message.

" EG cannot open the data file C:\Program Files\SAS\Enterprise Guide 4\Sample\Data\a.sas7bdat
Error opening data 'a.sas7bdat'
Failed to open the data set in READ mode.
Do you want to remove all references to this file from the project ? "

FYI- I have SAS 8.2 on my laptop.

Thanks, Ravi
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Ravi,

Having SAS installed makes a difference. In that case, EG would use SAS to read the local data -- if SAS is registered properly, which perhaps it is not.

To make sure, go to a command prompt window. CD to the directory where SAS is installed (ex: "C:\program files\sas institute\sas") and run this command:

sas /regserver

Then try your test in Enterprise Guide again.

Another thing to check: in Enterprise Guide, choose Help->About, then click System Information. That window will tell you what version of SAS that Enterprise Guide thinks is installed and registered on your machine.

Chris

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation