Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

EG and packages

Contributor sks
Contributor

EG and packages

Hello,
I would like to know if there is a way to create and import packages(.spk) in EG. I am trying to work on a client's requirement where they require the creation and usage of SAS packages. I know that I can do this in management console, but not every developer will have access to management console. We are using SAS EG4.2 M2. and SAS9.2 M2. I would greatly appreciate any input on this.

Thank You
Shri
SAS Super FREQ

Re: EG and packages

Hi:
If you are using the BI Platform or the SAS Platform for Business Analytics, you can create packages from a stored process and the EG Stored Process Wizard allows you to select packages as the result type in one of the steps in the process. When you are using Management Console, you can specify package results for a manually registered stored process however, Mgt. Console also uses packages to "pack up" some of the metadata information for moving to other repositories.

Once you have registered you SP to return packages (whether in SMC or in EG), the spk file will be returned to the requesting client as a result of running the stored process.

cynthia
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation