BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Okay, I'm flummoxed by the EG style manager (SAS 9.3 on Linux, EG 4.3).

I used proc template to make a custom style MyHTML and save it in work.templat, because it's only for this session.

I can use this style fine in EG when I write my own ODS sandwich : ods html file=... style=MyHTML etc

I have HTML results turned on, so thought that to get my EG HTML output to use MyStyle, I would use the Style Manager.  But can't see how to add this style.

Is there an easy way for me to add a user-defined style template to the styles accessible to Style Manager?

Or is there a way via code to just say "Hey EG, when you make HTML output, please use this style" ?

If I add:
  ODS HTML (id=EGHTML) style=MyStyle ;

before my a code block it works, but I would have to add that for every submit block to over-ride the ODS statement generated by EG wrapper.

Maybe I need to create a CSS file and then import that, per:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2011/08/02/how-to-add-htmlblue-to-your-list-of-styles-in-sas-e...

but while that makes sense for a permanent style template, doesn't make sense for a temporary one.

I guess the real issue is that EG isn't actually using the style templates from my ODS path, it uses these CSS definitions???

Or perhaps this approach makes more sense for use by a programmer (particularly since the template is in the work library):

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings13/408-2013.pdf

Thanks,

--Q.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mike Sale presenting Data Warehousing with SAS April 10 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Quentin,

We call your custom ODS style a "Server-side" style, and Style Manager tracks it as an "External style".  Add it this way.

1. In Style Manager, click Add.. (to add a new style definition)

2. In the Add New Style window, provide your Style name and check "SAS server style only".

serverstyle.png

Now this style should be available for selection in your HTML, PDF, and RTF destinations within EG.

stylepick.png

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Quentin,

We call your custom ODS style a "Server-side" style, and Style Manager tracks it as an "External style".  Add it this way.

1. In Style Manager, click Add.. (to add a new style definition)

2. In the Add New Style window, provide your Style name and check "SAS server style only".

serverstyle.png

Now this style should be available for selection in your HTML, PDF, and RTF destinations within EG.

stylepick.png

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Quentin
Super User

Thanks much Chris!   (I should have asked that question months ago... : )

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mike Sale presenting Data Warehousing with SAS April 10 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Quentin, yep the styles can be local client side with Eguide (ChrisH). You must have update rights to update the Eguide installation/user profiles. Sometimes uhh often desktopolicies will block that.

The ods is another place with defined styles and there are more places having them at the server side installation.

Web based interfaces are also using them but often not the same physical location.

Marvelous (joke) fore configuration and change questions.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Quentin
Super User

Thanks Jaap.  Yeah, hadn't realized until today that those EG styles are client side.  Had assumed it was using my ODS path like the rest of SAS...  Mostly I don't care that much about the EG styles, since I'm using it mostly for development of code that will end up being run from other clients (mostly web).  So as long as EG results look mostly like the web results, I'm okay.  And I do final development/testing on the server it will actually run on.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

And, when you are using the BI Platform and client applications like Web Report Studio, there might be different things you have to do to have your custom style recognized by WRS. If you do need to use your custom style with Web Report Studio and not with just EG, then you need to look at the documentation for how to work with Web Report Studio and change the style:

SAS(R) 9.3 Intelligence Platform: Web Application Administration Guide, Third Edition

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation