BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
titus
Obsidian | Level 7

Our group uses Enterprise Guide on Windows for development then we export our project code to a .sas file and move it to a UNIX server for production. My EG version is 7.12 HF7 (7.100.2.3491) (64-bit).

We've used this setup for about two years now and I've never experienced this issue before. I've established my process flow in EG and everything works great and flows in the proper sequence. But when I export the code via File>Export>Export All Code In Process Flow...(or Export All Code in Project...) things are exported in a different order. I know that I can manually reorder the exported .sas file to flow in the proper sequence but for the sake of supporting this process going forward, I'm going to do what I can be done to avoid a manual reorder whenever theres a change to the process.

Below are the line counts where the nodes in question appear in the .sas file:

Line 332
/*   START OF NODE: Analyze Rows   */

Line 1149
/*   START OF NODE: COMBINE   */

Line 1171
/*   START OF NODE: Export   */

Line 1213
/*   START OF NODE: ANALYZE   */

Line 1379
/*   START OF NODE: Forecast   */

Here's a screengrab of how the process should be flowing in EG:

EGScreen.png

I even reordered the nodes in the Project Tree but that has had no effect.

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks in Advance-

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
titus
Obsidian | Level 7

I ended up deleting every temporary dataset and every connection between nodes (programs or datasets) then pieced the flow back together from square one, making sure that any links I made between nodes was from program to program and had no links to datasets. And it's working as intended now.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
titus
Obsidian | Level 7

I ended up deleting every temporary dataset and every connection between nodes (programs or datasets) then pieced the flow back together from square one, making sure that any links I made between nodes was from program to program and had no links to datasets. And it's working as intended now.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 1 in conversation