BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
oht
Calcite | Level 5 oht
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I encountered the following error when I tried to export a SAS dataset (897MB 481 variables) to excel spreadsheet from EG(5.1 (5.100.0.13108) Hot fix 13 (64-bit))

xport job

An unexpected internal failure occurred in the FileSystem component, or one of its descendants.

Type: Xceed.FileSystem.DiskFile

FullName: C:\Users\tsaokf\AppData\Local\Temp\SEG1320\tmp2648.tmp

I have PC/SAS runing Win 7 x64 with 16gb ram and 213 GB hard drive space. The SAS dataset is resides in local drive c:\test and SAS/EG is also resides in the same local drive.Can anyone able to tell me what this error means and anything I can do to make it work ? or  EG config need to be tweeted or switch to turn on/off ? I have no problem to export with smaller files.

Thanks for all your help.

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

How are you exporting?

And if to XLS you are likely exceeding the number of records and columns allowed. If XLXS the record limit is 1,048,576 so if you have more than that number of records that could be the problem.

oht
Calcite | Level 5 oht
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to export 582332 records to XLXS using the export feature in EG(the one to ouput with Label). It should fit well inside the limit of XLXS. Thanks

sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

also remember that .xlsx extension support from sas9.3m1 and excel 2007/2010 i guess....moreover keep this in mind;

Remember the following                  points as you work with Microsoft Excel files.              
  • Excel 4 files allow only one spreadsheet per file.                             

Excel 4, Excel 5, and Excel 95               :limits are 256 columns and 16,384 rows.                             
  • Excel 97, 2000, 2002, 2003 limits          :are 256 columns and 65,536 rows.                             
  • Excel 2007 limits are 16,384 columns    :and 1,048,576 rows.                             
  • Excel 95 files are treated as the             :same format as Excel 5 files.                             
  • Excel 2000, 2002, and 2003 files           :with an .xls file extension are treated as the same format as Excel 97 files.                             
  • Excel 2007 and 2010 have three           :different file extensions:                             
    • .xlsb                                       
    • .xlsm                                         
    • .xlsx

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation