BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
snoopy369
Barite | Level 11

Running EG 6.1, when I have an error importing an excel file (File Not Found, etc.) with dbms=xlsx, it shows up as plain text in the log, not highlighted as an error (or even a note).  Is there a setting for this, or is this just a bug?

Specifically, this log:

28         proc import file="c:\temp\blahblahblah.xlsx" out=test dbms=xlsx replace;
29         run;

ERROR: XLSX file does not exist -> c:\temp\blahblahblah.xlsx

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE IMPORT used (Total process time):
      real time           0.00 seconds
      cpu time            0.00 seconds

The ERROR is not in red, nor is it seen as an error by EG.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

This behavior is bug, I think.  The problem is that in this case, the IMPORT procedure isn't generating a genuine "error" line.

ERROR, NOTE, and WARNING lines are tagged with a special 2-byte prefix in the log file generated by SAS.  These prefixes provide the cue to EG that there are errors or warnings, and they also are used for determining the line color in the log you see displayed.

I checked internally, and this behavior is set to be fixed in 9.4M2, due out just little bit later this year.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I see the same behaviour with EG 5.1 SAS 9.3M1.

atmesh
Calcite | Level 5

even i have got the same problem....i cant create library too.

It throws error: Library not assigned.

Someone help!!

Scott_Mitchell
Quartz | Level 8

I am not experiencing this problem using EG 4.1 and SAS 9.3 1M0.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Eg is a client, the real sas processing can run on a complete different machine.

As that other machine is not accessing your desktop your error is a common logical one .

Using eg accessing excel is possible by dedicated eg tasks. They will do the translation of excel into a sas data step upload that and run it to sas.

What is proc import doing with eguide?...nothing

---->-- ja karman --<-----
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

This behavior is bug, I think.  The problem is that in this case, the IMPORT procedure isn't generating a genuine "error" line.

ERROR, NOTE, and WARNING lines are tagged with a special 2-byte prefix in the log file generated by SAS.  These prefixes provide the cue to EG that there are errors or warnings, and they also are used for determining the line color in the log you see displayed.

I checked internally, and this behavior is set to be fixed in 9.4M2, due out just little bit later this year.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
snoopy369
Barite | Level 11

Thanks Chris!  I look forward to the updated version (and the improved functionality).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation