Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

EG Bar Chart Limitations?

Frequent Contributor

EG Bar Chart Limitations?

I am trying to build a fairly simple bar chart with SAS EG 6.1.  I am a little frustrated because I don't seem to have options to do certain things.  I am trying to create a simple chart which is showing a sum of an amount by state.  I change the options to show my bars as different colors, yet they all show up in blue.  I also want to create a legend and I can't seem to find that anywhere.  Surely I am missing something and there are easier ways to customize this?

Frequent Contributor

Re: EG Bar Chart Limitations?

I switched to a color bar chart and that corrected that issue.  Still can't figure out how to create a legend based off of my states

Super User

[ Edited ]

Show the code you are using as the options vary depending on how you created your chart.

Frequent Contributor

I am not using code, just the UI in Enterprise guide. I chose the Bar Chart task  I am able to do all of the things I asked about with Active X in the HTML output, but it doesn't save my changes for future runs of the task in the project.  I have been researching how to do that.

Frequent Contributor

wow this is driving me crazy.  Surely there is a solution to this Smiley Frustrated

Community Manager

SAS ITRM is a solution that uses SAS Enterprise Guide for custom reporting, and the ITRM documentation includes a nice gallery of bar charts and steps for building them.  It's fairly generic and you might find some hints within there.

Other than that, if you post a screenshot or two of what you've tried and the results, perhaps others will find it easier to help.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation