BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kritima
Obsidian | Level 7

I''m trying to schduling vbscript in 'Task scheduler' but it is not work.

I've check schedules in EG and it is fine.

I also follow 'Chris Hemedinger': ( Using SAS Enterprise Guide to run programs in batch - The SAS Dummy).
But the result of using   “c:\windows\system32\wscript.exe” or “c:\windows\sysWOW64\wscript.exe” is not work.

Would you mind to guide me how to make vbscript run on 'Task scheduler'?

4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

First thing I would do, is to check whether you can find/run c:\windows\system32\wscript.exe or c:\windows\sysWOW64\wscript.exe.

If you cannot:

- contact your systems admin or technical support, since maybe you don't have enough permissions or all the components you need.

- You can feed them with: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/248121 , but probably they will know.

kritima
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Juans

Yes, i can find/run c:\windows\system32\wscript.exe or c:\windows\sysWOW64\wscript.exe.

Any other ideas?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Then, thext step, try to manually schedule the VBscript in the Windows Task Scheduler:

- Create the task, give it a name, select that will run with your username (or any that will have enough authorizations), and select to run with administrative priviledges (if possible and applicable).

- Then, create the Action, selecting c:\windows\system32\wscript.exe as your program to be executed, and under double quotes: 

"c:\projects\AutomationNewProgram.vbs"

And create your trigger (that can be none, so you can trigger to Run now.

Then try to run the program, and give a look into the results or the history. 

kritima
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Juan

Still not working .

I do more as below

c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\regasm /codebase "c:\Program Files\SASHome\SASEnterpriseGuide\7.1\sasegscripting.dll"

Sample output:

Microsoft .NET Framework Assembly Registration Utility version 4.0.30319.18408
for Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.0.30319.18408
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Types registered successfully

Up to here can't invoke scheduler to run

Thank you for your advise 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation