BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
D_Z_
Obsidian | Level 7

Greetings!

I have a dilemma with time that i have been trying to figure out.  I have 2 reports that use the HH:MM:SS format within the project.  If i copy and paste the data out of SAS directly and into the spreadsheet, it comes out exactly right.

Because i do like 30 reports every morning... i have alot of automation setup.  I have SAS reports that drop to a file and then program excel to pull from the exports and insert into the column i need it put into.

An example:

Login Hours:  104:52:32 in SAS.... but when it drops to excel via an export process, it is 8:85:32.  I use Timew9. as the format in SAS and Time 37:30:55 in excel.

How can I make the export match what SAS is showing in the dataset?  Any guidance would be appreciated.

DC

1 REPLY 1
DaveBirch
Obsidian | Level 7

This is really an Excel issue rather a SAS or EG issue.

If you look the formatting of an example where you have pasted the SAS time 104:52:32 into Excel (right click Format Cells... > Number) you notice that it is a Custom format :mm:ss.  Your programming in Excel will need to define the column with this format.

Hope this helps,

Dave

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation