Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

EG 4.3 not able to import excel

New Contributor

EG 4.3 not able to import excel

I'm a sas newbie.  I have two customers that cannot import Excel files in enterprise guide 4.3.  Has anyone experienced this

Trusted Advisor

Re: EG 4.3 not able to import excel

Please provide a little more information...how are you trying to do the import, and what diagnostics are you receiving?

New Contributor

we have just used file -> import and pointed to the dataset on a shared drive.  We get no diagnostics,  the wheel just spins.  One user says that at one time he got a java message but he doesn't remember it.

Eventually the import window 2 opens, but the next button is greyed out.  I have installed about twenty users since the install two months ago with no problems until today

Respected Advisor

So the question is if it worked for these users yesterday, why does it not work today? What has changed?

I suggest you check the version of Java installed on the PCs where importing does not work versus those where it does. Do they have different versions and could the new version just have been added?

If the versions are different, reinstall the Java version that works and test if import now works.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation