BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ljung
Calcite | Level 5

Hi! So I just recently updated to Windows 10 and all of a sudden my SAS 9.4 stopped working. The enhanced editor window refuses to show up and whenever I start it up or try to view the window by the dropdown menus, this error image appears

sas problem.png

I wnated to submit this to technical support but the operating system didn't even list Windows 10 so I was wondering if this problem is a solvable one in the first place?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

a very quick update for whom might find this question: Windows 10 is supported starting SAS 9.4 M3 (maintenance 3).

http://support.sas.com/kb/55/938.html 

Regards,

Juan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
FriedEgg
SAS Employee

Windows 10 is not a supported operating system:

http://support.sas.com/supportos/list

Support Status: Windows 10

SAS is in the process of testing Windows 10 with SAS® 9.4. Support of Windows 10 is planned for SAS 9.4 and later, possibly as early as Q4 2015. More information will be provided as it becomes available.

Some people have no trouble.  You're not one of them, I guess...  It should not be expected to work flawlessly though.

ballardw
Super User

Did you re-install SAS after the upgrade? If not that's where I would start.

If you right click on a SAS program script it whatever equivalent to windows explorer is in  Windows 10 do you get a menu to Batch Submit or submit? What happens if you try the submit?

If SAS 9.4 supports the Old editor you might try typing PGM into the command box to see if the older text editor will work. (Not as many features but many have used that editor for a long time and it got the job done.)

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Never be an early adopter on critical systems. This is true for all software, but with MS it is crucial to never migrate before at least SP2 (or whatever equivalent is used at a given time), and before compatibility with other SW has been stated by the respective SW vendor.

If this is not on a testbed, you committed an act of thorough foolishness, I'm sorry to have to say.

Cleanse the system and reinstall with your previous Windows version.

ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

Anyone else worried about the privacy issues with W10?

Reading comments by IT professionals on theregister.co.uk does not enthuse!

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

a very quick update for whom might find this question: Windows 10 is supported starting SAS 9.4 M3 (maintenance 3).

http://support.sas.com/kb/55/938.html 

Regards,

Juan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation