11-07-2016 03:49 PM - last edited on 11-07-2016 04:05 PM by ChrisHemedinger
I have the following task: When a user opens the Enterprise Guide from the local machine, a pop up message must be display with a message like : 'Welcome USER -your last login date : 6 October 2016'
Now, I'm facing with two problem:
1. how and what do I need to set up o for each user that connects to Enterprise Guide to dispay a personalize message when the application is open (server is connected). I have tried the command %put &userid in autoexec, but no effect.
2. I set up an appender so I can collect the information about the last login date into a log file, but when I try to read the data from the log, i have the message :' ERROR: A lock is not available for ...'.
Can you please help me with some suggestions?
11-07-2016 03:58 PM - edited 11-07-2016 04:05 PM
You could probably have a custom task to do something like this...but I'm not sure if the customer experience will be super smooth.
11-08-2016 06:58 AM
Thank you very much for your response. It is a very interesting task, and I like the solution.
For my task I will need to find a way so the user must be informed about the last date when was logged on.
In Option- I saw an options in SAS Programs
I write a simple %put User-ID: &sysuserid; but did not see anything when I opend EG.
Do you have any idee if and how can I use this option for what I need?
11-08-2016 08:20 AM
Yes, what I'm suggesting is write a quick program that:
1. Checks if there's a previous date stashed
2. If there is, displays a message with that date
3. Updates that date by stashing the current date
4. Proceeds to call EG
Very kludgy, but I can't thing of anything else.