BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
turcay
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

The link below has the instruction for disabling Concurrent Logon Sessions for Web Applications. Is it possible to do the same for EG? If so, is there any link or document related to it?

SAS(R) 9.3 Intelligence Platform: Middle-Tier Administration Guide, Third Edition

7 REPLIES 7
turcay
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Does anybody have knowledge about this question ?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I have customized the startup script that is called by the spawner when a workspace session is launched.

(/...../WorkspaceServer_usermods.sh)

It checks for similar processes run by the same user, and if a certain number of lines is exceeded, terminates without starting SAS.

See here:

LIMIT=4

COUNT=`ps -ef|grep bridge|grep spawned|grep $USER|wc -l`

if [[ $COUNT -gt $LIMIT ]]

then

#document the fact in the user's home directory in a log file

date >> $HOME/.limit.log

exit 1

fi

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Nice solution!

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Ersun
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Kurt, Can we change your Unix script for Windows OS env., or how to run on Windows Server this script (in order to prevent same user same time in diferent hosts)
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The script as written won't work on Windows. The command "ps -ef" is a Unix only command. The equivalent command in Windows is tasklist. This command will get a list of currently executing SAS sessions:

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq SAS.EXE" /V

The list contains user names which could be filtered further. I'll leave it up to you to investigate further. I'm sure you have IT experts in your organisation that could script a solution. If it involves different hosts then that is going to be tricky... 

AlanC
Barite | Level 11

I am not weighing in on this much, just that Windows can run a lot of unix scripts. It has a unix subsystem (Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL)). That said, PowerShell should be able to handle this w/o any issues. Process lists are pretty standard in the .NET world. I use them a lot. A quick search showed Get-Process. Either a script or PowerShell should work with similar logic.

https://github.com/savian-net
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

When you can get your hands on the EGUIDE profile.... 51225 - How to set the number of parallel processes that SAS® Enterprise Guide® can execute

Would advice Kurts approach . As I see Chris is a liking that one also I am getting hope this kind of approaches are getting accepted by SAS (often being blocked). 

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 7 in conversation