BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pcavicch
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I need to work with two different libraries in the same code. For example:

LIBNAME mylocallib 'c:\locallib';      * My windows PC;

LIBNAME myremotelib '/var/remotelib';      * A Unix remote server;

Those libraries are referring to physical paths on two different servers: local and remote.

My code seems not working:

if I select "Local" server to run it  (right click, "Select server") I'm getting an error every time I try to reference some dataset in myremotelib;

if I select a remote server to run it I'm getting an error every time I try to reference some dataset in mylocallib.

Is it possible to work with different libraries on different servers in the same piece of code?

Thank you in advance.

Paolo

2 REPLIES 2
mojerry2
Fluorite | Level 6

You have two possibilities.

first you can use the rsubmit and link this to your libname on the sas session.

other solution is to work with a share and create your libname fith the share name.

have a nice day.

pcavicch
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much Jerry,

It seems to work in SAS BASE, but it doesn't work in Enterprise Guide: the same connection script (.scr) used in SS BASE doesn't work in EG.

The Log isn't able to help me.

Do I have to change something in any script?

Thank you again.

Paolo

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation