Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Default Code in New Program

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Default Code in New Program

Is it possible to have default code appear when I open a new program in Enterprise Guide?  For instance, our department has a program header that we place at the top of all of our programs. Is there a way to make that appear when I open a new program to enter code? Right now I have to open the header in notepad++ and copy/paste it in; just trying to see if there is a way to utilize my time better Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎08-04-2016 10:58 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Default Code in New Program

Hi @laura6728, check out Program->Add Abreviation Macro.  You can add your program header as an abbreviation macro and then when you type that abbreviation in the editor, it will show a popup with your abbreviation, then you can select it (Enter or double-click) to insert your header code into your program.

Casey

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎08-04-2016 10:58 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Hi @laura6728, check out Program->Add Abreviation Macro.  You can add your program header as an abbreviation macro and then when you type that abbreviation in the editor, it will show a popup with your abbreviation, then you can select it (Enter or double-click) to insert your header code into your program.

Casey

Contributor

That works perfectly, thank you so much!

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation