BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CarlW
Calcite | Level 5

Currently I have a sas job running each Monday 5:00am by using window schedule task, it failed each time due to a lock is not availabe for data set reason, the data set got locked is totally random. I tried get IT personnel to kill all sas session before the end of week and no background application is running during that period. Still the error prompt out unexpectedly.

Anybody had similiar issue and how did you solve this? your input is highly appreciated!

error.png
4 REPLIES 4
NN
Quartz | Level 8 NN
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

There is a Filelocks=  option that can be used in the libname statement when defining a libref . I am not sure if that will help your case but you can definetely look into it.

twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

Where does the data reside, locally or on a SAN etc? Are there Backups running?

CarlW
Calcite | Level 5

Thx for you guys help, the data locates in the metadata server, no backup running during that period. right now I'm thinking is that possible filesystem related, eg integrity check.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Have you searched the support.sas.com for the error message.  This one may help

http://support.sas.com/kb/36/803.html

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation