Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Custom tasks .net version for EG6.1 - Documentation

Occasional Contributor

Custom tasks .net version for EG6.1 - Documentation

I have Chris Hemedinger's very useful book, but find the need for reference documentation on the objects and methods in

SAS.Tasks.Toolkit;

SAS.Shared.AddIns;

Is there documentation somewhere?

My particular question of the moment is: is there a method to disconnect from the active dataset? I would like to be able to submit a PROC DATASETS on the active dataset to modify extended attributes, but of course, if it is still active PROC DATASETS can't modify it.

Community Manager

Re: Custom tasks .net version for EG6.1 - Documentation

Hi Larry,

The reference doc for 6.1 is not changed from 5.1, so you should be able to use all of the same techniques, file references, etc -- just point to your 6.1 DLLs.

As far as your question -- it's true that EG can hold a data set "open" while you are displaying the task that uses it as input.  One approach around this is to change your task so that the [InputRequired] attribute is set to None.  Then, within your task, require the user to select/specify a data source.  Then use the SasData classes to retrieve information about the data set as needed.

Does that make sense?

Chris

Occasional Contributor

Thanks. Yes that all makes sense.

Community Manager

Oh, and the reference documentation (essentially the same since EG 4.2) is available here.  It's a ZIP file that has CHM file in it.  Unzip it and then don't forget to right-click on the CHM, select Properties, and then Unblock the file.  Otherwise Windows will not allow you to unlock its secrets.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation