Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Creating SAS charts to show 2 different sets of data

Contributor

Creating SAS charts to show 2 different sets of data

I am trying to create a chart that has one part represented by a interleave vertical bar chart and another set of data being displayed in a line graph.  I was told by one of my SAS instructors there was a way to overlay the 2 to create one chart.  I have attached screen shots of the individual charts I have created using SAS Enterprise Guide 7.1.  The 2 charts at the top are the SAS charts and the bottom is the manual chart I am currently creating in Excel.  I need to get SAS to combine the 2 top charts so that they look like the the manual excel chart.  Also, in the interleave vertical bar chart, I was not able to get the data number represented by the bars to display.  How do I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Elliott

Frequent Contributor

Re: Creating SAS charts to show 2 different sets of data

Hi @Elliott;

Have you tried PROC GPLOT to overlay two charts ?

using PROC GPLOT you can overlay line chart and bar chart in single chart,

This is the sample code & example for this:

http://support.sas.com/kb/24/908.html

Contributor

Re: Creating SAS charts to show 2 different sets of data

Hi,

This does not seem to be working for me.  The bar chart I created using a task that I provided a screen shot of I used the interleave vertical bar chart to get both bars values.  I tried to use your example and combine the code for the line plot and vertical bar chart but it is not working.  getting this to work would really eliminate a day's worth of work manually created charts for a presentation.  What else can I provide to get assistance with created the chart like I provided in the document I attached in my original post.

Thanks,

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation