Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Create Informat in Enterprise Guide

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Create Informat in Enterprise Guide

Hello SAS Community

Although programming in Base for many years, I am (perhaps surprisingly) a recent convert to Enterprise Guide. Am currently using v7.12 HF7 (7.100.2.3491) (64-bit)

I like the flow diagram of a project, knowing that this reduces the need for much documentation explaining the flow of any project. I am a documentation fanatic!

I use formats extensively for memory resident lookups In my translation code. I hardly ever use them for reporting as that is not where I’m at currently.

As a habit, I always look to create an informat of the same name as the format that I have just created, with a view that if I want to go one way, I may want to reverse that translation using the same route

I don’t see anyway of specifying an informat in the format create box, nor do I see anyway of creating said informat from the menu bar. Yes I could do this in custom code, but it seems that a small option (create informat) dialog box is missing.

Any suggestions? I could be missing the obvious (hope) – done that plenty of times.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
2 weeks ago
PROC Star

Re: Create Informat in Enterprise Guide

Hi, Jon

I am a huge EG fan, but I'm sad to admit I think you're correct. I can't see a way to create an informat using the tasks in EG.

I hope you won't let that stop you from using the product. Putting your informat creation code into a code node is the best workaround I can think of.

Tom

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
2 weeks ago
PROC Star

Hi, Jon

I am a huge EG fan, but I'm sad to admit I think you're correct. I can't see a way to create an informat using the tasks in EG.

I hope you won't let that stop you from using the product. Putting your informat creation code into a code node is the best workaround I can think of.

Tom

New Contributor

Thank you Tom. This is confirmation indeed. No I'm a great fan of EG and am forging on!

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation