BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lloraine
Calcite | Level 5

Copied down the ConditionalHighlighting.dll file.  Opened Sas, tools, Add in.  Clicked on the Conditional Highlighting task and got the following:

SAS Enterprise Guide has encountered a problem.  We recommend that you save your work and restart SAS Enterprise Guide. -------------------------------------------------------- System.TypeLoadException Could not load type 'ColorSelectedEventHandler' from assembly 'SAS.SharedUI, Version=4.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=be58efc3b934219b'.

8 REPLIES 8
lloraine
Calcite | Level 5

That is where I got the dll file.  When I open it, it gives me the above error.

Could not load type 'ColorSelectedEventHandler' from assembly 'SAS.SharedUI, Version=4.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=be58efc3b934219b'

I just wondered what I was missing.

Technolero
Pyrite | Level 9

I have Versions 4.2, 4.3, and 5.1 of Enterprise Guide on my machine.  In 4.2, the Conditional Highlighting add-in works great.  In 4.3 and 5.1 I receive the same error message as you.  If you go to the "About" tab on the link above, you will see This sample includes a downloadable custom add-in task that can be used in SAS Enterprise Guide 4.2 only. You can use the task to create reports with conditional highlighting, also known as trafficlighting.

I suspect that you are using a newer version of EG...

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

SAS Technical Support does have an updated version of this DLL.  I'd attach here, but attaching a DLL to a discussion forum is probably bad form and probably wouldn't work anyway.

Contact SAS Technical Support for the most recent version.  Reference the DLL and the SAS Note for the quickest resolution.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
lloraine
Calcite | Level 5

How do you contact Sas Technical Support?  Does my company need a license.  Is it free?  You say to reference the DLL - that I know but what is the "Sas note"?  Sorry for appearing so clueless.

I found how to contact Sas Tecnical Support. I entered everything on an online form.  Thanks for your help.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Contact Technical Support here:

Technical Support Form

If you are using SAS Enterprise Guide, you do have some license for using SAS.  And Tech Support staff will help you.

Of course, if you have a local support staff -- IT support who helps you with your SAS environment -- they may be prefer to be in the support loop for information and tracking.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Jaheuk
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Chris,

is there already a "place" created on the sas support website with all links to possible add-ins (dll) for EG 5.1 and higher??

are do we still need to ask this to sas support personel??

Herman

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Herman,

There isn't an official "repository", but I have assembled some lists.  Check this post:

11 super-useful custom tasks for SAS Enterprise Guide - The SAS Dummy

This post:

Custom tasks for SAS Enterprise Guide: Q&A - The SAS Dummy

And this site:

SAS Enterprise Guide - Custom Tasks

Chris

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation