BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CP2
Pyrite | Level 9 CP2
Pyrite | Level 9

Can anyone tell me why EG compare datasets will show a very small difference for an exact match and if there is a setting that might be doing this that I should change? I have attached a snapshot of the results. The Base plot variable is a calculated field BUT it is only created by adding .01 NOT multiplication.

CompareExample.PNG
2 REPLIES 2
arodriguez
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi CP2,

Seems a Machine-Precision probleme. It's related with how number are saved in base 2 in a compute, for example 0.1 could not be represented without error in a compute. 

It's happen in all compute with all numbers, a way to solve it could be a round(var,0.0000000000001). Since you are working with not many decimals, this should not affect your calcs and solve the problems with EG.

ballardw
Super User

The Proc Compare option FUZZ allows you to tune how close values may be to consider equal and not make into the report.

Try adding (or selecting the option) to set Fuzz=1e-10. That would consider values within 0.0000000001 to be equal. Since 1e-10 is larger than your shown e-14 range then likely most or your issue would be resolved.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation