Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Combining separate columns in Summary Reports

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Combining separate columns in Summary Reports

Hi there!

I am trying to create a report that includes all data for each subject row in the columns.

Currently, i have information for each subject in two separate reports (see first photo). Since the data has been summed up into SAS Reports I am having a hard time combining the original data. Is there any way i can add the Sum of Debits, Sum of Credits and Balance check from the first table to the right of the second table? Tables 1 and 2 are currently represented in SAS Report.

Table 1      
 ACCOUNT_NUM_1ACCOUNT_NUM_2TOTAL SUM   
BATCH_ID_1Sum of TransactionsSum of TransactionsBatch_Total Sum   
BATCH_ID_2Sum of TransactionsSum of TransactionsBatch_Total Sum   

Table 2      
 TOTAL_DEBITSTOTAL_CREDITSBALANCE   
BATCH_ID_1Sum of DebitsSum of Credits0   
BATCH_ID_2Sum of DebitsSum of Credits0   

Table 3 (end results)      
 ACCOUNT_NUM_1ACCOUNT_NUM_2TOTAL_SUMTOTAL_DEBITSTOTAL_DEBITSBALANCE
BATCH_ID_1Sum of TransactionsSum of TransactionsBatch_Transactions_SumSum of DebitsSum of Credits0
BATCH_ID_2Sum of TransactionsSum of TransactionsBatch_Transactions_SumSum of DebitsSum of Credits0

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎12-05-2016 11:10 AM
Super User
Super User

Re: Combining separate columns in Summary Reports

This is one good reason to avoid doing data processing in proc report.  Do all yor data processing before reporting it out, then your proc report simply reports a dataset. 

You can get sums and such like quite easily using SQL, means/summary procedures, datasteps.  Then if you need to, merge data together.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎12-05-2016 11:10 AM
Super User
Super User

This is one good reason to avoid doing data processing in proc report.  Do all yor data processing before reporting it out, then your proc report simply reports a dataset. 

You can get sums and such like quite easily using SQL, means/summary procedures, datasteps.  Then if you need to, merge data together.

New Contributor

Thanks RW9. I'm trying to do that but having trouble with copying some of the report functionality into SAS Code.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation