BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Does anyone know if we can interact with the Enterprise Guide Project Log via VBS program calls?

I use the SAS Enterprise Guide OLE Automation reference to get information on Object Hierarchies & Method calls in order to control SAS EG projects dynamically in VBS code. In particular I have a script that walks through the entire Project hitting all elements that have a Log-object associated with them.

I compile each of the individual Log Elements into a single File to inspect for SAS Errors after running an EG project as a scheduled batch job.

This would be a lot simpler if there was a way to Clear & Export the Project log using VBS program calls. Also it would be helpful to Enable/Disable the option for the Project to build the Project Log.

Also, I have seen instances where EG batch jobs fail because the Project Log exceeds the Maximum size. Being able to Clear the Log before the program executes or Disable adding to the Log would solve this problem as well.

The OLE Automation Reference does not have any information on the Project Log object.

Does anyone know if this can be done?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

There is support for this starting in EG 7.15. See this post for details:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Enterprise-Guide/Auto-Purge-Project-Log-in-EG/m-p/436983/highligh...

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
deleted_user
Not applicable
Does anyone use OLE Automation to interact with their SAS EG Projects via VBS code at all?
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

There is support for this starting in EG 7.15. See this post for details:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Enterprise-Guide/Auto-Purge-Project-Log-in-EG/m-p/436983/highligh...

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation