BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
My ERP system just went through a major upgrade. This included making table name changes. Since my Queries in EG can no longer see the table, they won't open up.

If I remove the table, all my selected, where clause, group by, order by fields will disappear. I then have to redo all that logic (assuming I remember what it is).

Is there any way to swap out a table i.e. I want to right-click and hit 'Select Input Data'...just like I do with 'Sort Data'

TIA

- Matthew
3 REPLIES 3
JohnH
Fluorite | Level 6
A couple of ideas:

1. Go to EGuide Explorer and deassign and reassign the old library nickname to the new place where the data resides?

2. My last resort is to right click on the icon and choose "Open Last Submitted Code". Then, I can copy and paste that code and modify it to go to the proper new place. Or, I can use the code to remind me of the options that I want as I create a new point & click task.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks for your input, however, this does not solve the problem.

1. Changing the library won't matter. The table name has changed not the library.

2. I already tried 'Open Last Submitted Code' only to see

%put ERROR: Unable to get SAS code. Error opening data "ST_CLASS_V1_ROOT".;

Any other ideas ??????

TIA

- Matthew
MikeRhoads
Obsidian | Level 7
Swapping the libnames does seem like a good start. How about the following:

Assign a different libname to point to your "real" database.
Create a new SAS library, which will wind up containing nothing but views. Have your existing libname point to this new library.
In PROC SQL, create a view for each table with a name change, something like CREATE VIEW oldname.OldTableName AS SELECT * FROM diffname.NewTableName.

I'd pick one query first and try just creating the view(s) for the table(s) it uses, to see whether the idea works. Hopefully the optimizer will be smart enough that this will cost you little if anything performance-wise.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation