Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Change column widths in Enterprise Guide 7.1

Accepted Solution Solved
Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Change column widths in Enterprise Guide 7.1

Hello,

this is a somewhat embarrassing question, but I can't change column width in EG 7.1 (this wasn't the case in EG 6) for several columns.

What works is: 1. select a single column (in the process flow window) > a double headed arrow appears > change the column with of a single column

2. mark several columns > right-click > use "width .. " in the menu-window > change the width of several columns

What doesn't work is: 3. select a couple of columns > the double-headed arrow appears > change the column width of the selected columns (pressing shift or control doesn't change anything) > only the column widht of 1 column changes

Please help :-) & Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎10-19-2015 08:46 AM
Community Manager

Re: Change column widths in Enterprise Guide 7.1

Ah, I see what you mean.  The data grid was re-implemented in EG 7.1.  Some new features were added (such as the Copy with Headers feature), but I guess some behaviors went away (like this one with the width).  For completeness, I'll add an animation of that too:

colwidths61.gif

I'll make sure that @CaseyS_SAS is aware that you've noticed this feature is absent.

Chris

View solution in original post

All Replies
Community Manager

Do you mean that you're simply changing the display width (in pixels), like this?  (See this GIF animation.)

colwidths.gif

I find that it works as expected in EG 7.11.  Is this what you're trying to do?

Chris

Super Contributor

I like your animation a lot.

Yes, this is exactly what I mean. With EG 6.1 you could select multiple columns and then use the "double headed arrow-symbol with a horizontal line in the middle" to make them slimmer or broader. The curser looked like "<-||->".

I am aware that there is the "Width .." option, but I am used to the mouse version.

In EG 7.1. the cursor looks different I "<-->" am only able to change the width of a single column. (I am sorry, but I find this annoying beyond believe).

Solution
‎10-19-2015 08:46 AM
Community Manager

Ah, I see what you mean.  The data grid was re-implemented in EG 7.1.  Some new features were added (such as the Copy with Headers feature), but I guess some behaviors went away (like this one with the width).  For completeness, I'll add an animation of that too:

colwidths61.gif

I'll make sure that @CaseyS_SAS is aware that you've noticed this feature is absent.

Chris

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 in conversation