Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Change Notes / Warnings in log to Error

N/A

Change Notes / Warnings in log to Error

Hi
Is there a systems option that can change NOTES to ERRORS in the log that relate to unitialized variables? In fact, is there a systems option that escalates all notes and warnings to errors? I find the systems option DKRICOND and DKROCOND very useful for making sure that potentially serious errors in the drop, keep, rename statements are caught by classifying these as errors.

Thanks very much,
Robin.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Change Notes / Warnings in log to Error

Give us an idea what "condition" you are attempting to treat as an ERROR as opposed to a NOTE/WARNING, please? Share with a code example revealed in a SAS log, preferably (paste the content in a reply to your post).

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Trusted Advisor

Robin,

My question is what are you trying to do with this? All SAS steps have notes, e.g.
NOTE: DATA statement used:
Do you want to STOP the program (as ERRORs generally do), or just get information about processing?

There are programming approaches to each of those, but I am unaware of an option.

Doc Muhlbaier
Duke
N/A

Hi, thanks for the replies. Specifically, I would like to change the following "NOTE: Variable WIEGHT is uninitialized" from a note to an error (i.e. stop the code). Sometimes, this is missed by other beginners to SAS and can lead to significant errors. I figured a systems option would do the trick, but I cannot find anything in relation to this. Any other ways to catch this error would be appreciated (apart from training on checking logs properly of course).
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation