Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Can SAS EG 7,1 do this?

New Contributor

Can SAS EG 7,1 do this?

Hi

I am a new user for SAS ( installed SAS EG 7,1 in last 2 weeks ). And now trying to familriaze with the software.

However - I have been using JMP software for many years and current version I have is JMP 11. May I know is there any way that SAS EG can do the following: ( at least this is what I notice so far  )

1) Variability chart of many levels...

1.JPG

2) Categorical analysis ( Share chart / Frequency chart / etc ..

2.JPG

Thanks...

AzlanFaizal

Community Manager

Re: Can SAS EG 7,1 do this?

Hi @azlanfaizal - welcome to the world of SAS!

JMP is a highly visual tool with many innovative visualization techniques built-in, available via point-and-click.  SAS (and EG -- as an interface to SAS) can achieve some of these visualizations only by writing specific program code to prep the data and render the graphs.

I suggest that you begin with what's easily done in EG.  Check out the Table Analysis task and One-Way Frequencies task, and also dig into the simple syntax for PROC FREQ.  There are several built-in graphics that PROC FREQ can produce (freq charts, Mosiac plots) that are similar to your examples, but of course -- they are different.

For your variability chart you might look at the Summary Tables task (PROC TABULATE) -- but that's more about numbers than it is about visualizations.  Also take a look through the many examples that @Sanjay_SAS offers on the Graphically Speaking blog.  You might find something that comes close to what you're looking for with relatively simple SGPLOT code.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation