BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
azlanfaizal
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I am a new user for SAS ( installed SAS EG 7,1 in last 2 weeks ). And now trying to familriaze with the software.

However - I have been using JMP software for many years and current version I have is JMP 11. May I know is there any way that SAS EG can do the following: ( at least this is what I notice so far  )

1) Variability chart of many levels...

1.JPG

2) Categorical analysis ( Share chart / Frequency chart / etc ..

2.JPG

Thanks...

AzlanFaizal

1 REPLY 1
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @azlanfaizal - welcome to the world of SAS!

JMP is a highly visual tool with many innovative visualization techniques built-in, available via point-and-click.  SAS (and EG -- as an interface to SAS) can achieve some of these visualizations only by writing specific program code to prep the data and render the graphs.

I suggest that you begin with what's easily done in EG.  Check out the Table Analysis task and One-Way Frequencies task, and also dig into the simple syntax for PROC FREQ.  There are several built-in graphics that PROC FREQ can produce (freq charts, Mosiac plots) that are similar to your examples, but of course -- they are different.

For your variability chart you might look at the Summary Tables task (PROC TABULATE) -- but that's more about numbers than it is about visualizations.  Also take a look through the many examples that @Jay54 offers on the Graphically Speaking blog.  You might find something that comes close to what you're looking for with relatively simple SGPLOT code.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation