Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Can Eguide use macro variable in file location?

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Can Eguide use macro variable in file location?

Hello All,

I use Eguide to import .csv .

I have a macro variables to point the location of .csv.

But...

How can i use a macro variable to assign in 'Filename'?

Thank you all in advance.

ScreenHunter_23 Apr. 14 16.43.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎04-14-2016 05:05 AM
Super User

Re: Can Eguide use macro variable in file location?

Your Enterprise Guide controls the Workspace Server process by sending SAS code snippets. As such, it can create macro variables from user prompts. But it does not retransfer those macro variables back into it's own data structures, AFAIK.

But once you have defined a task, you can copy the code from the Code tab and use it in a Code node within the project. In this code, replace filenames etc. with macro variables at will.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎04-14-2016 05:05 AM
Super User

Re: Can Eguide use macro variable in file location?

Your Enterprise Guide controls the Workspace Server process by sending SAS code snippets. As such, it can create macro variables from user prompts. But it does not retransfer those macro variables back into it's own data structures, AFAIK.

But once you have defined a task, you can copy the code from the Code tab and use it in a Code node within the project. In this code, replace filenames etc. with macro variables at will.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation