Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Calculating a date a month and a day in the future

New Contributor

Calculating a date a month and a day in the future

I need to select renewal dates a month and a day from now as part of an automated process that I will create as a process node in SAS Customer Intellligence Studio.   

For example, today is May 11th 2016, so I want to find all renewal dates of June 12th 2016.  

I realise I am going to have a problem in February when I will miss some dates.  Has anyone overcome this problem?   For various reasons, I can't simply use 30 days in the future or 31 days in the future.

Thanks

Vanessa

Super User

Re: Calculating a date a month and a day in the future

Use the intnx function.

where date = intnx('month', today()+1, 1, 's')

Super User

I think you'll need a slight variation:

cutoff_date = intnx('month', today(), 1, 's') + 1;

To address your question about different end-of-month values, SAS does have some logic built into the INTNX function to address these cases.  But you'll have to look through some examples to see if SAS handles it the way you would like.  Here's a good starting point:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lefunctionsref/63354/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p10v3sa3i4k...

Good luck.

Super User

The trick is to match your business rules. INTNX allows you variations to get end of month value, using an interval of 0, with end or beginning option for example. You haven't specified the rules so we can't help beyond this, but hopefully it gets you started. 

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation