BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nwelke
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi all,
We've noticed a difference between how EG 4.1 and EG 4.2 generate (or store) session parameters.

EG 4.1 generates this output:

%put &_CLIENTUSERNAME &_CLIENTMACHINE;
nick.welke D03CB4

And EG 4.2 generates this:

%put &_CLIENTUSERNAME &_CLIENTMACHINE;
'nick.welke' 'D03CB4'

Does anyone else get this same result? Is it something we can disable in 4.2 to remove the quotes?

TIA
Nick
5 REPLIES 5
Technolero
Pyrite | Level 9
I have noticed the same thing. I had some date macro variables in the titles of my reports that no longer display. I have not spent much time finding a solution, so if anyone has one it would be greatly appreciated!
RichardH_sas
SAS Employee
Suggestion from SAS Tech Support is:

%sysfunc(compress(&_clientusername,%str(%')))

Nick, you probably received the same message from Tech Support, but I figured I'd post it here for others to look at, Not sure if the EG developers will offer a less programatic workaround in the future.
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
Why not using dequote() instead?

%let _CLIENTUSERNAME='nick.welke';
%put %sysfunc(dequote(&_CLIENTUSERNAME));
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
One would have to ask why the change? you would think code run in previous versions would be able to run with the same results/output successfully in current versions.

Barry Message was edited by: twocanbazza
boschy
Fluorite | Level 6
I dare say that someone complained about problems with unquoted strings. I wonder if the majority of EG users were happy with the old approach.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation