Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Base Certification Question

N/A

Base Certification Question

Guys,

When I ran a sample progam from the book i got an error "Libname CLINIC is not assigned."

To prepare for Base Certification Exams do I have to download any datasets from SAS website so that I can run sample programs from the books?

Thanks,
JC
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Base Certification Question

The important question for you to answer is: what code did you execution and from what source was it obtained (URL, book, otherwise?).

And, if you have a defined LIBNAME in your sample code, and it refers to an existing SAS data-library, then it's likely you need to obtain the sample data.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
N/A

Thanks Scott,

The code was from Certification Book! I want to pratice all the sample programs give in the book.Would you know from where I can get the sample data?

Thanks for your help again,
JC
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

It remains unclear exactly what "Certification Book!" you reference in your post/reply. So, here's a Google advanced search argument, this topic / post - mostly to help with guidance for possible SAS.COM support site links - i

+certification +clinic +sample +data site:sas.com

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
SAS Employee

Is this the certification book?

http://www.sas.com/apps/pubscat/bookdetails.jsp?catid=1&pc=62439

It says it comes with a CD-ROM containing the data. It's possible the data might also be samples that are included with SAS. To set up practice data in SAS, select Help->Learning SAS Programming from the menu. When the SAS Online Training Sample Data window appears, click OK to create sample data.

Good luck!
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation