Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Background Processing from EG

N/A

Background Processing from EG

Is is possible to use EG to submit a process to run in the background on the server, i.e. so that I can logoff of Windows on my laptop, and the process will continue to run?
Community Manager

Re: Background Processing from EG

No. EG cannot submit a job in batch like this. It is something we are planning for a future release.

Once you disconnect EG from the server, then the SAS workspace will end (once it detects that there is no EG client listening anymore).

Chris

You can't manually kick-off an interactive session & then log off.

Your options are:

1. Schedule the EG project - that way you can log off, but you must leave your machine on. The Windows scheduler can log in at a desired time, launch Enterprise Guide & run the project.

2. Export the EG project to SAS code & schedule the code to run on the SAS server. That way you can turn your machine off (assuming the SAS server is on a different machine)

Regards,
Andrew. Message was edited by: Andrew Howell
Contributor

I have tried method #1. I keep getting error #2147944309, which I understand means that my logon/password is being blocked somehow. If I do not logoff, it runs fine. Any ideas? I would like to logoff when I go home and have something scheduled to run. By the way, this is set to run completely on my own PC, which has EG4.2 and SAS9.2 installed.
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation