Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Automatically open data or results when generated after condition

Contributor

Automatically open data or results when generated after condition

The results of the task don't open automatically after a condition.

Does anyone know how to make the results open automatically?

Am I doing something wrong, or is it by design, or is it a glitch?

Please see the attached project "Auto_Open_Condition" which runs from the SASHELP.ADOMSG dataset included with SAS EG 4.3.

In its current state, the List_O runs but doesn't open automatically.

If you remove the branch to the "continue" step or remove the condition "01', then List_O opens automatically.

In the step "choose level" you can choose to include or exclude the "O" level -- to change the path of the program.

Attachment
Contributor

Re: Automatically open data or results when generated after condition

Additional details:

I see the same behavior in version 5.1 of EG.

The interesting thing is that the List_O program does open the way I want it to open if I select only the first 3 programs (skipping the "continue" program)

If I select all programs (including the "continue" program) or choose the "Run Branch" or "Run Process flow", then List_O doesn't open automatically.

Respected Advisor

One possibility is you might be reaching limit of the EG option  - Maximum number of output datasets to add to a project (available under Tool ==> Options menu). The default value is 50, so you could try increasing it to see if it helps.

Contributor

The attached project has only 4 output datasets, so I'm not reaching that limit.

I purposely used a very simple example from a small dataset in the SAS Help library.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation