BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sasspan
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

Most of what I do in EG is analysis and data preparation for my models in EG.  A co-worker of mine asked me about automating her reports in EG, namely, specifying the time frame to run, and have the next month run, under the most recent 12 months filter.  Ideas?  I have no need to automate so I am lost on this one.

4 REPLIES 4
sasspan
Obsidian | Level 7

sorry "my models in E-Miner" is what it should say

Reeza
Super User

Create some prompts that are the dates then use those in the report to filter it out. Are you running EG on a server or Desktop?

Ton's of examples online but here's a basic tutorial:

http://www.wuss.org/proceedings10/TUT/3049_4_TUT-Leslie.pdf

sasspan
Obsidian | Level 7

server, create prompts...never used prompt manager before, can you please be more specific.  I appreciate your help!

Reeza
Super User

There are many papers written on this topic, the paper referenced has some towards the end. Unfortunately without way more details its hard to get into specifics that would be relevant to you. Your EG version would also be necessary as there are different methods in each version.

The way I'd do it, if I had no experience is create the reports in EG using your specified date cut offs. Once you have the reports set up, you can add in the macro variables/prompts to get the report set up, but that will end up being the last step anyways.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation