BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Fistful_Dollars
Obsidian | Level 7

Is there a way to autofit all column headings in a SAS dataset in EG?  I can only autofit them one at a time or manually adjust multiple columns to a set width (i.e., 150, etc.).  I want to AUTOFIT them all like in Excel.

autofit.png

6 REPLIES 6
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Unfortunately I don't think there is such an option. You are welcome to raise this as a suggestion - you can do this in the SAS Comunities front page.

Fistful_Dollars
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you.
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

@SASKiwi is correct, there is not currently a way to do this.  However, we are planning to add more robust column/row auto-sizing options in a future release.  We certainly recognize the convenience it would provide.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

steniosarmento
Calcite | Level 5

I'm still waiting for this feature. When will it be available in SAS Guide?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

A new version of EG - 8.1 - will be available around the middle of this year. It is a major revamp. I don't know if it contains any improvements in this area, but someone else might know.  

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

I'm glad you asked!  Yes, there are improvements in this area in EG 8.1...

1. Column widths will be auto-sized by default when you open data in the EG 8.1 data grid.  There is a new Auto-size column widths option (in EG's Tools->Data->General), which is checked by default.  If you prefer the old behavior (fixed-width columns), you can un-check the option.

2. If you resize the widths of several columns and want to autosize all the widths again (or if not using the Auto-size column widths global option), you can do so via a new Auto-size column widths menu item on the data grid's overflow menu.  (You have always been able to double-click the right side of a column head to cause an individual column to autosize its width.)

For example...

autosizeWidths.gif

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation