Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Annoying Tips Stuck On Screen Forever

Occasional Contributor

Annoying Tips Stuck On Screen Forever

Can anyone assist me with this? My entire team at work experiences this issue with SAS.

Whenever typing out a SAS function, the helpful tips pop up to tell you how you can use that function....then they never go away. It's workable for a bit, but once you have 5-10 tips stuck on your screen it's rediculous. You can't see anything. They are always at the front no matter which window you switch to in windows.

Pic related:

Attachment
Regular Contributor

Re: Annoying Tips Stuck On Screen Forever

Not a full proof answer but a work around. Stop the autocomplete option.

Go to Program --> Editor Option --> Autocomplete tab ---> Uncheck Enable autocomplete.

OR 

you can try stopping some of the auto complete as per your choice like uncheck Data step statements. 

Explore this option window.

Super Contributor

Hello,

I experience the same issue from time to time and the only way I can get rid of it is to close the program.sas from

the process flow and reopen it afterwards . But I don't get the message at each function  ...

Community Manager

I remember this being an issue with SAS Enterprise Guide 5.1, but it was fixed.  If you're still experiencing it in a later version, I'd open a track with SAS Technical Support with the details.  It would be good to know if you're using EG natively on your desktop or via a terminal server like Citrix.

Occasional Contributor

I've been running it on my desktop. I do believe our team is moving to an updated version soon. Hopefully that solves it!
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation