Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Allow abbreviation autocomplete with DB2 passthrough

Occasional Contributor

Allow abbreviation autocomplete with DB2 passthrough

Does anyone know if this is possible with an option I'm not aware of, or hopefully, it's in the pipeline for an upcoming enhancement?

I have several user-defined keyboard abbreviation macros, but I do a lot of development with a pass through to DB2. Unfortunately, the autocomplete pop up does not work for abbreviation macros within the connect to DB2 statement. I totally understand SAS specific keywords not available for autocomplete, but it would be nice if I could have my user created abbreviations available. Autocomplete works for user created macro variables, even within the connect to DB2 statement. I just wish the keyboard abbreviations were available to autocomplete in the same way.

I know, I can still run them manually or with a keyboard shortcut, but I have a lot and I'm bad at remembering all their keyboard shortcuts.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Allow abbreviation autocomplete with DB2 passthrough

Posted in reply to bobpep212
I still wish this was available for the autocomplete in DB2 pass-through where I can start typing and see my autocomplete abbreviations, but I did just learn about ctrl-shift-B thanks to a recent, somewhat related post. That shortcut brings up a list of all user created keyboard abbreviations and seemingly works within any program context, including comments.
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 1 in conversation