Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Accessing Microsoft OLAP cubes (server side) without SAS/ACCESS interface to OLEDB

Contributor

Accessing Microsoft OLAP cubes (server side) without SAS/ACCESS interface to OLEDB

Hello All,

Currently in Enterprise Guide (4.3), I can use the OLAP viewer to connect to and view Microsoft OLAP cubes. No issue there. However I want to be able to submit the MDX code on the server side to return the sliced data. In the documentation I have seen this can be achieved through SAS/ACCESS interface to OLEDB. Can this be done without SAS/ACCESS, The cost for this license is just a little too much. Here is what I have available on the server:

---Base Product

---SAS/STAT   

---SAS/GRAPH  

---SAS/CONNECT

---SAS Enterprise Miner

---SAS Integration Technologies

---Enterprise Miner Server    

---Enterprise Miner Thin Client   

---SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files

---SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC   

---SAS Workspace Server for Local Access

Thanks for any input.

Chris

Respected Advisor

Re: Accessing Microsoft OLAP cubes (server side) without SAS/ACCESS interface to OLEDB

I see you are licensed for SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC. Have you tried that? You can pretty much submit any valid SQL Server code if you use SQL pass-thru.

Contributor

Re: Accessing Microsoft OLAP cubes (server side) without SAS/ACCESS interface to OLEDB

I have tried ODBC but with no luck. SAS technical help states the only way to connect is with SAS/ACCESS to OLEDB. It has built in functionality for MSOLAP. Thanks.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation