BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Primavera
Quartz | Level 8

Hi there,

I am really getting desperate so my apologies if my question is not good.

I am doing a SAS project and I need a dataset of breast cancer patients and/or survivors that mostly has quality of life features and some demographic and some high level medical features.
The features that I am looking for are things like age, place of living (urban/rural), number of dependents, marital status, employment status, first diagnosis or recurrence, metastatic or not, treatments (mastectomy, chemo, radiation, hormone therapy,…), If they are experiencing financial hardship, levels of daily activities, If they are seeing a mental health professional, if they have paid caregiver or unpaid caregiver, and so on. As I said questions that can distinguish people based on social factors and quality of life.

Does anyone know where I can find a dataset with at least 200 subjects with such features? All the breast cancer datasets that I have found are mainly medical.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello @Primavera ,

Try these data sources :

Need data for teaching or learning? Get it here!
Posted 02-26-2014 10:07 PM | by jennifers_sas (106108 views)

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Need-data-for-teaching-or-learning-Get-it-her...

(Editor's note: Data sources were last confirmed and updated by @BeverlyBrown on 6/7/2021.)

Because so many in academia need data for school, I keep an eye out for open sources. Below are sources (alphabetized) that my predecessor Jennifer Scott pulled together and I add to occasionally.

Kind regards and good luck,

Koen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User
Yeah, you're not likely to find this dataset anywhere publicly that I can think of....try Kaggle at your best bet but this type of information is hard to come by except in private research labs that you likely do not have access to.
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello @Primavera ,

Try these data sources :

Need data for teaching or learning? Get it here!
Posted 02-26-2014 10:07 PM | by jennifers_sas (106108 views)

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Need-data-for-teaching-or-learning-Get-it-her...

(Editor's note: Data sources were last confirmed and updated by @BeverlyBrown on 6/7/2021.)

Because so many in academia need data for school, I keep an eye out for open sources. Below are sources (alphabetized) that my predecessor Jennifer Scott pulled together and I add to occasionally.

Kind regards and good luck,

Koen

Primavera
Quartz | Level 8

This is great. Even if I cannot find the specific dataset that I want in there it's still an awesome find. Thanks for sharing. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation