BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
geniusgenie
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am using Svm, random forest, decision trees and neural network and comparing performance of models.

Could anyone please tell me how can I calculate f-score, recall and precision of each of these models?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DougWielenga
SAS Employee

By "f-score", are you talking about the traditional F-measure or balanced F-score (F1 score) which is the harmonic mean of precision and recall or are you referring to an F-test statistic of some sort?  SAS Enterprise Miner calculates precision defined as % true predicted events / (true predicted + false predicted) and recall defined as the event classification rate.  It is likely you could compute this statistic relatively easily but I am not aware of anything by that name being generated by SAS Enterprise Miner.  Do you have a formula for the f-score you wish to compute?

Cordially,

Doug

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DougWielenga
SAS Employee

By "f-score", are you talking about the traditional F-measure or balanced F-score (F1 score) which is the harmonic mean of precision and recall or are you referring to an F-test statistic of some sort?  SAS Enterprise Miner calculates precision defined as % true predicted events / (true predicted + false predicted) and recall defined as the event classification rate.  It is likely you could compute this statistic relatively easily but I am not aware of anything by that name being generated by SAS Enterprise Miner.  Do you have a formula for the f-score you wish to compute?

Cordially,

Doug

geniusgenie
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks for your reply, I got it done.

Regards

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation