BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MR_Xishuai
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I am trying to get the Fama French 25 Portfolio Returns, but on Fama French's Data Library website:Kenneth R. French - Data Library

I could only get the txt files. And I could not just copy it to excel as it will result in just one variable(all the observations in just one row). Is there a way that I could make them into a nice format(either SAS or Excel format)? I am wondering do they provide these data in SAS or Excel format? Or is there a way for me to create them from the .txt file they provided? Thanks so much!

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

When you have your data in Excel - the single row, highlight the rows, click on the DATA table then Text to Columns.

How to parse data using the Text To Columns command in Excel</title> <!-- integration code for PDF -...

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation